Software-defined WANs are quickly replacing traditional Wide Area Networks (WANs) as more enterprises realize the need to rethink networking for today’s cloud-centric world.
Today’s SD-WANs are providing organizations:
- Improved business and IT agility by simplifying network management and design across the enterprise and public clouds
- Lower costs by eliminating reliance on expensive MPLS connections to interconnect remote sites
- Higher performance by leveraging multiple network paths and faster broadband connections for certain applications including cloud
- Deploying SD-WAN ensures your wide-area network is optimized for cloud computing and can adapt to rapidly changing application and business requirements.
How WAN Optimization Can Work for You
Secure optimization of applications across hybrid networks to users everywhere. This leverages resources and enables access to applications and data while reducing the cost of running your business.
Benefits of WAN optimization include:
- Accelerated Performance: enhanced user experience over the WAN and higher application performance
- Enhanced Data Backups: eliminate the cost and complexity of managing individual backups for different offices
- Data Protection: secure communication across the WAN using standards-based encryption for added security and compliance.
- Problem Resolution: an ability for IT to respond more quickly to problems through increased visibility into application, network and user experience issues
- Greater IT Control: software tools enable a greater level of control and helps to create application-centric service policies and enhanced network availability
- Creates cost savings by eliminating expensive MPLS WAN’s and creates WAN redundancy to keep business continuity
- Eliminates need for costly onsite Routing Equipment by leveraging services through the cloud
- Gives complete control and visibility into your network traffic
- Protects service availability & network resources from inbound denial of service attacks (DDOS)
- Control employee use of internet resources for streaming video, music, playing games and social media
- Solves challenge of sharing data among geographically dispersed locations allowing users who work remotely to feel like they are local.
- Dramatically speeds up backup & replication times