Committed to keeping your organization productive and safe.
A Message From Our CEO
Pam Fenlon – CEO, Layer 3 Technologies
The COVID-19 virus is having a profound impact on organizations and businesses around the world. Layer 3 is committed to doing our part to keep our people and our communities healthy and safe, while continuing to support your company’s needs.
Although there is a “Stay at Home” order in NYS, as an essential business, we will remain open. We are proud to be in the position that we are in. We have the opportunity to help move integral work-forces remote, support the much needed healthcare system, our State and local government agencies and solidify vital infrastructure for schools and telecommunications companies around the country.
We are making it a point to stay safe and healthy.
All employees whose roles allow them are working remotely. They can all be reached during normal business hours to answer your questions and support your needs as usual. Employees showing any symptoms are directed to stay home until they are symptom and fever free for 48 hours. Our essential employees are in the office each day. All IT support, order shipping and receiving, quote and purchase order processing etc. will continue as usual. We are taking extra precautions to keep them safe and healthy.
- Mandatory 6ft distance between employees
- Sanitizing packages upon receipt and prior to shipping
- Increased frequency of hand washing
- Wiping down of stations multiple times a day
- Hand sanitizer provided at each station
- Daily disinfectant spray
- Closed our office to all non-personnel
This situation is ever evolving, and we are closely monitoring recommendations from the CDC and WHO. These are certainly unprecedented times, but by working together, we will get through this.
On behalf of everyone at Layer 3, we wish each one of you health and safety.
CEO – Layer 3 Technologies
The Shift To Remote work
Technology can play a pivotal role in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on people and organizations, including helping people stay productive at work when they’re not able to be there physically. Ensuring employees can work remotely without sacrificing collaboration, productivity or security is of high priority.
This leaves organizations of all sizes, across all industries looking into how to feasibly support a remote working program.
Layer 3 is standing by to help you create your remote workforce plan.
Your IT plan should include:
- Provisioning desktops and devices
- Purchase of laptops, phones, webcams, VPN routers etc.
- Securing endpoints and data
- Enabling collaborative services/video conferencing
- Monitoring and support
- Gaining insights and reporting
Schedule some time with us to help plot out your next week, month, and quarter. While nobody knows just how long this COVID-19 situation will last, doing as much long-term planning as you can will only benefit you.
Free Services and Resources
We have compiled a list of FREE IT resources available to you. If you are interested in taking advantage of any of the offers below, please contact us today to assist.
- Layer 3 Emergency Remote Work Kit
In response to the recent health crisis, Layer 3 is providing free use of the LogMeIn Emergency Remote Work Kit organization-wide for 90 days.
This kit will enable you to:
- Meet using GoToMeeting. Reduce employee exposure by enabling face-to-face remote collaboration, via desktop, web, or mobile. Maintain productivity with instant, reliable face-to-face collaboration that’s by your side wherever you join from – desktop, web, or mobile.
- Host powerful presentations for remote teams with up to 3,000 attendees – perfect for all-hands meetings or company-wide announcements.
- Access your work anytime, anywhere. Minimize non-essential staff on-site, while still supporting your clients. Allow staff to remotely access their work desktops from off-site endpoints. Remotely access your work desktop from remote endpoints with LogMeIn’s easy-to-use solutions.
- Support the systems your front-line teams depend on running without IT physically present. Resolve technical issues by delivering web-based support to customers, end users, unattended computers and servers.
- Optimize Your Traffic Management With A Free 2-Month Allot DPI Unlimited License
With everyone working or learning from home, network traffic is surging to new levels. Optimal traffic management has never been more critical, and we’re here to help.
For new customers, we are offering a free 2-month* unlimited DPI software license with no commitment.
This will enable you to:
- Handle the huge increase in traffic with no need to invest in additional network infrastructure
- Help businesses by prioritizing work from home traffic (Zoom, Citrix, Teams, etc.)
- Help children & schools by prioritizing distance learning apps
- Enforce fair usage policies
- Mitigate DDoS attacks to free up valuable bandwidth (up to 5%-10%) for critical services
Your only cost is hardware and professional services!
At the end of the 2 month period, you can choose whether to terminate the contract or purchase the software under favorable terms.
Keeping your customers connected and helping businesses keep their network running smoothly is critical. As we all strive to meet these new challenges, know that we are prepared to do our utmost to assist.
*From time of deployment onsite
- Sophos Security Tools & Resources
Many of you will have employees working from home, perhaps in some cases for the first time on an extended basis. To support this transition, we are offering tools and resources that we hope can be helpful:
- All Sophos customers can protect all their employees’ personal PCs and Macs for free with our Sophos Home Commercial Edition program. It gives your staff the same advanced, enterprise-grade protection they already have in their office or work environment, but for their home devices. For more information and to request your free access, please reach out to your Layer 3 representative.
- Sophos virtual XG Firewall is free for 90 days to support anyone who needs to set up IPsec or SSL VPN connections for secure remote access. You can deploy using your preferred virtual environment, including VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, and KVM. Simply complete the free trial form to get up and running.
- We have published security best practices to help anyone enable remote working. This advice includes operating practices and technology recommendations, as well as specific capabilities within our endpoint, firewall, and mobile solutions that support remote working.